My Chili Recipe

4:55 PM

With fall heading out and winter heading in, I figured it was the perfect time to share my chili recipe. I have been making this for several years now, slowly making changes. My husband says it's the best chili he's ever eaten. I hope you will try it!

Ingredients

1 lb ground hamburger
1 medium onion
1.5 Tbsp salt
1.5 Tbsp pepper
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 package mild chili mix
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can chili beans
Mexican or fiesta blend cheese

Instructions

Add 1 lb hamburger and chopped onion to large pot on the stove. Cook onion and meat together over medium heat. While meat is browning, add salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder. Once the meat is brown and the onions are cooked, drain the meat and onion mixture. Put the mixture back in pot on the stove. Pour in the diced tomatoes, then fill the empty can with water and pour into pot, and fill half way one more time and pour in. Add chili mix and stir, then add chili beans and stir. Bring to a boil and let boil, occasionally stirring, for about 15 minutes. Then turn heat down and let simmer about an hour still stirring occasionally. I've learned the longer it simmers, the better all the flavors combine. Once it's finished you may want to add more salt and pepper to taste. Add some Mexican or fiesta blend cheese to the top, and some crackers if you like. And voila! I hope you all enjoy! I forgot to take a finished product picture. It was gobbled up before I remembered to snap a photo. :) Thanks everyone. My next recipe will be for my white chicken chili. I actually won a medal for it at a chili cook-off once. It's delish too!

Hugs and Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments