Just an Update...

10:02 AM

Life has been quite hectic lately and I'm so happy to get back to my blog. I've been chomping at the bit to get back to writing! After Halloween not much happened. My family and I had a couple of days of down time to be together, so there wasn't much to write about. But then...madness ensued. Nothing major really, just your everyday hustle and bustle of life with 3 kids. My daughter had her preschool picture day, so we had to plan for that, my husband had a birthday! Eric turned 26 on November 4th and, sadly, it wasn't a very good day. He had been so busy with work and some other things going on, that we didn't have an opportunity to celebrate. His birthday fell on a Wednesday, and he actually had the day off! But we had a meeting that day, my daughter had school so I was gone a little bit to take her and to pick her up, we desperately needed groceries so a trip to the store was a must, and our sweet little Zachary wasn't feeling well, so we had to give him more attention that day as well. So, my husband was somewhat pushed to the wayside. We did, however, find the time to order lunch from our favorite Mexican restaurant in town. We sat in front of the TV with our favorite show, stuffing food in our mouths like we were starved to death. Then came the dessert. Needless to say, that night we had trouble moving, we were so full! I got him some new cologne and a new razor and he loved them both. I think tomorrow (Friday) I am going to try and do something extra special for him since that day was so busy.



I just started giving my boys juice not long ago. I figured they might be getting a little burnt out on whole milk all the time. I was giving them half apple juice half water. And boy did they love it! They would suck it down as soon as I handed them their sippies. But then, little Zachary started to develop a horrible rash. It was all over his face and he even developed a diaper rash, the worst I've seen. I talked to my mom and she said my oldest brother had the same thing happen to him as a baby after she gave him apple juice for a few days. I have since cut out the juice for both boys (since they like to swap sippy cups). I have noticed a major improvement in the rash, so good news there! But now sweet Luke is feeling bad. No rash anywhere on him, just really fussy. He is probably trying to cut a new tooth. The saga continues...


I have been enjoying listening to my daughter tell me all the new things she is doing and learning at school. She really seems to be enjoying getting out of the house for a couple days a week. Every night when I'm tucking her into bed and reading her a story, she gets her book of ABC's out and she can identify each one. And each number to 10. I'm a proud Mama. Today, we've had a ton of fun building an awesome blanket fort. I love our time together.
My husband and I have also been trying to teach her how to buckle herself in her booster seat. That's been a serious challenge. We have a van and the boys car seats are rear-facing and have to be in the middle seats, so Izzy's booster is in the way back. We recently removed the harness, since she is the appropriate age and weight now to use just the seat belt. My daughter is thin, but very tall. So we have been teaching her how to grab the seat belt and pull it, then clip it into the buckle. This has been a struggle. I moved her booster over closer to the seat belt yesterday so she wouldn't have such a hard time reaching over to get it. Apparently, she didn't like that, and after I picked her up from school she threw a major fit in my back seat because she couldn't buckle herself. Oh the joys of motherhood....


On another note, I have started 21 day fix! I just did the first exercise yesterday, barre legs. And I can barre-ly walk today (<--- see what I did there?? Haha). However, I am so pumped to complete this and see the final result! I know I will probably never have 19 year old Ali's body back, but I just want to make my current mommy body more strong and I want to be more confident. Stay tuned for before and after pics and I'll keep you posted on my journey throughout. 


As usual, thanks for reading! And please wish my sweet husband a very happy belated birthday! God bless you all. :)



Hugs and Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments