Cabin Fever

12:28 PM


I'm not sure if it's my 4 year old's new found sass, or a case of cabin fever, or both, but she's been driving me 10 shades of crazy lately. She was out of school Monday for MLK Day and out today for a snow day (preschool only goes two days a week here). So in all fairness she has been cooped up indoors for several days now. Some children would do fine with that, not my kid. She has so much energy that sometimes I get tired from just watching her gallop through the house. Izzy is the type of child that needs to get out and burn off steam, so I figured it would be a great day to get all the kids out to have some snow time fun! It's also the twin's first experience with snow. And they loved it! I got some really great shots of them playing today.




Izzy was so excited that it was good "snow ball" snow. Last year we got a ton of snow, but it was the kind that wouldn't pack. So no snowmen or snow balls. But this first snow of the season is perfect packing snow! She is so ready for her brothers to be old enough to have snow ball fights with her. The boys really just enjoyed walking around in it and eating it. They were mesmerized. 


Zachary was so adventurous. I'd look up from snapping a photo of his brother or sister, and he would be several feet away from me just toddling along. He's so independent. I loved watching him and his brother waddle through the snow, barely able to move their limbs from being so bundled up. Nothing sweeter than a child exploring nature. 



Izzy made some great snow angels today. She was constantly saying "Mama, look!" So proud of her masterpieces. 




I love making these beautiful memories with my children. I love that I will always have something to look back on and remember these sweet days. 

But now is the end of this blog post, and it's back to the real world for me. Back to teaching my 4 year old the lesson "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." So don't peg your brother with that snowball if you don't want him doing it back. And don't tickle him till he cries. I don't think she realizes that one day they will be bigger than her....Yep this is the life. And I wouldn't trade it. But I still wouldn't mind some prayers sent this way ;)

Hugs and Love, 





You Might Also Like

0 comments