Mini Egg and Cheese Muffins

11:19 AM

I don't know about you other mamas out there, but I find myself struggling with finding healthy and easy foods to feed my toddlers for breakfast. They like to sit in their highchairs and feed themselves, so anything involving syrup is out of the question (unless it's a day that I'm feeding them). They have also become quite the picky eaters. So lately I've been feeding them oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast, with the occasional granola bar or pop-tart. When I make bacon and eggs, they eat wonderfully, so I decided to try something new with eggs the other day that would make it easier for them to feed themselves and would also be yummy and healthy. I decided to share the recipe with anyone else out there that struggles with what to feed their young children. (I also ate this and it's great for all ages ;)

What you will need

5 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Mini muffin pan

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium sized bowl add eggs, milk and seasonings. You can adjust the seasonings as you like. Whisk all of those items together until thoroughly mixed. Spray mini muffin pan with a non-stick cooking spray. Pour in mixture in the muffin tin leaving a few centimeters to the top of each spot (the eggs will rise some). Then sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Put in oven and let cook for 8-10 minutes.


These really are great and my boys loved them! They were easy to make and clean up was also super easy. If you try them let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Hugs and Love, 

You Might Also Like

0 comments