S'mores, Fire, and Pumpkins OH MY!

8:03 PM

Fall is in the air and it's the perfect time for campfires and marshmallow roasting. Well, it would normally be the perfect time, if the weather hadn't out of nowhere turned dead-of-the-summer hot. We had been having nights down in the 30's, waking up with frosted cars. However, lovely Kentucky weather, and it's wishy washy attitude, had launched us into the 80's this week with lows in the 60's. My family and I decided we wouldn't let that stop us from enjoying a nice evening by the fire!



Last night we loaded the kids up and headed out on the 30 minute drive to my parents house. They have the best porch for get-togethers and my mom is the hostess with the mostest. I knew it'd be a great time. We fired up the fire pit and gathered round. There was hot dogs, polish sausage, Italian sausage, corn on the cob, and marshmallows, all ready to be roasted! We even had a smorgasbord of snacks for the babies. Needless to say, I ate my weight in junk food and didn't really feel guilty about it.  As the sun went down, the night air cooled and it ended up being the perfect temperature. Not too hot, not too cold and I was pleasantly surprised.



As the babies grew restless, we decided to take the party inside (and by party I mean very relaxed, half asleep adults and whiny, tired kiddos). Low and behold, there sat a homemade cream cheese pumpkin cake on the counter. My mother never ceases to amaze me. And of course, we all just HAD to have a piece. Literally, my mom would've been heartbroken if we didn't eat some. So there we were, all stuffed to the brim stuffing even more food in. It really was delicious though and well worth those extra 10 pounds I gained probably just by looking at it. We let the kids play and we visited while my tech-smart husband worked on their computer and DVD player. He loves to do that sort of thing, so he was in his element.














The night drew to a close so we hugged and kissed my parents goodbye, and rolled our over-stuffed selves out to the van. All the kids were completely conked out when we got home. Did I mention my children LOATHE being woken up and taken in from the vehicle? It wasn't pretty. Everyone wreaked of smoke, but we decided to wait on the baths so as to not have WWIII go down in my house. It was well worth it though. These are the nights I will cherish when my children are grown and my parents are gone. I will look back and miss these days, but I will be so happy for the memories.















Hugs and Love,





You Might Also Like

0 comments