Family Fun Day at the Orchard

3:22 PM

Every year my family and I take a trip to a local orchard by the name of Jackson's Orchard. I have been coming here every fall since I was a small child. It has grown quite a lot since those days and now business is booming. It is such a neat place to go for a nice family outing!




Aside from the actual orchard, pumpkin patch, and shopping area, it has a slew of things for children to do. There are pony and hay rides, a petting zoo, bouncy house, play area, face painting, sand art, etc. The prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is very inviting! In my opinion it is best to wait until mid October to go if you want nice fall weather. Earlier than that and it tends to be too hot and humid. The down side is that now that the business has grown, the crowd is much larger. You end up spending a lot of your time in line with your children just waiting for them to be able to do something. The earlier you go the better and later in the evening the crowd thins.  
I missed going last year because my twins were newborns so I was very excited to continue the tradition this year! So on Sunday we loaded up the family (which feels about like wrangling small lions) and we headed out. My parents drove separately and met us there, it was nice having them with us. It was much cooler at the orchard since it sits on a hill and I most definitely should have taken a jacket, but out in the sun it was the perfect temperature. 
My daughter got to enjoy the petting zoo, get her face painted, and she played her heart out in the play area. When it came time to go she was not ready, that's success to me! Even my boys enjoyed themselves! I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't cry at all during the trip, that is also a huge success!


I think it's safe to say that we will be continuing the tradition of going to Jackson's Orchard every fall. It's a place to make some great memories and buy some yummy treats. Don't leave without trying a caramel apple or a fried apple pie. And definitely get some apple butter to take home with you, you won't be sorry! Go check it out if you're ever in the Bowling Green, KY area. Maybe we'll see ya there!


Hugs and Love,


You Might Also Like

0 comments