Hurt people, hurt people

3:09 PM


Hurt people, hurt people...

I think most of us have heard that saying before. And it's true.

Everyone on this planet has been hurt at some point in their life. It's part of being human. Some more than others. Sadly, those that are perpetually hurt, tend to grow up with anger in their hearts thus hurting those around them. Anger stems from pain. 

There are those that deal with hurt a lot better than others. And there are those that have a glaring fault...hurting those around them, especially the ones they love. There is another saying that is widely known. "You hurt the ones you love the most". That one is also true. Why do we do this? Probably because we know those people will always love us no matter how we treat them, and a lot of the time, that is true. 

I have been the one to hurt others while I was hurting. I directed my pain in the wrong direction and I've pushed people away, and hurt those that meant the world to me. I've asked for forgiveness and salvaged relationships, but it was a journey to get there. I believe we've all been the victim and the perpetrator in these types of life events. We're flawed, we're sinful. 

The reason I am writing all of this is because it may be a comfort to someone out there beating themselves up for doing this. I've spent many days feeling worthless for having this flaw but, we've all done it. It doesn't make you any worse or a bad person. It makes you human. Many nights I've prayed that God would help me through the pain I was experiencing. To help me forgive those who had wronged me. After all, you are only hurting yourself while they go on and live their lives. It could be a bad divorce, an absent or abusive parent, a lousy friend, anything. You just have to forgive them and move on with your life. There are a lot of people in the world who are going to hurt you, use you, wrong you, and definitely not love you. But, there are a lot of people out there who will love you and treat you right. You just have to focus on them, and do something we've all had a hard time doing before, do not punish them for the wrongdoings of others.

Pain can destroy your life if you let it. 

Don't let it.

"Be kind to everyone, we all fight battles that others know nothing about".  

Oh how very true that is. 

Hugs and Love,

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yes! Such true words. Thank you for allowing God to speak through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment and thanks for reading!!

      Delete