WE ARE MOVING!!

12:41 PM





This has been a long time coming and I am so ecstatic that it's finally happening! My husband and I have been saving and budgeting for a couple of years now. We have paid off a large portion of our debt (medical bills from having the twins and vehicle loans), and we are finally in a place where we can get a home! This has been a dream of mine for as a long as I can remember: a warm, welcoming house, near my parents, with a yard where my children can run around and play until their heart's content. We do have to wait a few more months until our lease is up at our apartment, but you know how it goes. The planning and preparing has to start pretty early for a change as big as this one.

We currently live about a half hour from where I grew up and where my parents still live, and I never dreamed I'd be this happy to get back to that little town. It's true that everything changes once you have children. If Eric and I were alone, I'd have much more of a desire to live in other states and travel around, but the thought of taking my children away from their grandparents that love them so dearly, makes me terribly sad. Now that I am creeping up on my 30's (yikes!) I have much less of an interest in seeing the world, and much more of an interest in setting up roots and raising my children in a place they can always call home.

This next place won't be our forever home, we've considered building in the future. But it will be in the town where I hope to grow old with my husband. I've already started looking at some new furniture for the boy's room, and I plan on doing Izzy's room in different decor at the new place. This is the best part for me! Shopping and decorating :) I love going to consignment and thrift stores and re-purposing antique items. I can hardly sit still as I type this. I want to get started now!

I had to write and share my joy and excitement. It will be bittersweet. We have loved where we currently are and it's been good to us. This is the only place my children really know and we have made it our home. A lot of wonderful memories have been made here. But we are blessed for this next chapter in our lives and so thankful to God for everything He does for us.

Stay tuned for future posts on moving and decorating the new place!

Hugs and Love,

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Eek! That is so exciting! I definitely understand the bittersweet part. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I am probably a bit too excited haha!

      Delete