Christmas 2015

6:06 PM

I hope everyone had a joyous and blessed Christmas. I wanted to share how ours went. On Christmas Eve we went to my parent's house and celebrated with them and my brother. My mom went all out with the food and desserts. We had a table full of delicious food including: gourmet sandwiches, fried mushrooms, country ham biscuits, spinach dip with Hawaiian bread, cheese ball with crackers, and far too many desserts to name.





We all received some wonderful gifts. Izzy got some Play-Doh, clothes, Legos, and boots. Lucas and Zachary got BeatBo, a ride on giraffe, Christmas PJ's, and an assortment of fun light up and musical balls. Eric got new tools, and I got some new clothes and a new pair of boots as well! We gave my brother some WKU apparel, my dad wanted money, and my mom wanted a cotton candy machine. We all sat around and talked and ate delicious food. It was a great time. 








On Christmas morning all the kids slept in (YES!!). I woke up before anyone else and went to get the boys up. After getting them all changed, I went into Izzy's room and woke her up. I noticed she had a badly swollen lip. The night before, after we had gotten all the kids in bed and while Daddy and I were "letting Santa in" to set up toys, we heard this loud noise. Eric went upstairs to check on the kids and they were all tucked away and asleep in their beds. We chocked it up to wind and carried on. So, when I saw this swollen lip I remembered the noise and asked Izzy if she had fallen out of bed. She informed me she did fall and just got up and got back in bed before her Daddy ever came in to check on her. I felt so bad! Her lip was so swollen and she was in a pretty rotten mood because of it. But after she got good and woken up, she realized it was Christmas morning, and she was excited to go downstairs and see her presents. 





The kids must have made the nice list this year because they all got some pretty cool gifts! All Izzy really asked for this year was a Baby Alive doll and she got her! It was a very warm but very rainy and gloomy Christmas Day, so we all laid around in our PJ's all day long. It was a relaxing lazy day, and this Mama didn't even cook. It was nice to see the kids play with their new toys and enjoy being lazy too. 

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas Day and got just what they asked for. I hope you all had family and/or friends to spend the day with. And I hope you didn't forget the reason for the season. I also hope you all have a great start to 2016! May it be the best year yet!

Thanks for reading :)
Hugs and Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments